Online COVID Season
Welcome to the 2020-2021 Society “COVID” season. Due to the ongoing restrictions due to the global pandemic, we will be meeting remotely this year via Zoom as the safety of our members and guests is of the upmost importance.
Please find below a programme of events.
For those of you who have not used Zoom yet, here are a few tips:
- Zoom is free to use.
- Please sign in to a meeting using your full name rather than a nickname.
- During a meeting please mute your microphone but we would encourage your camera to be on. It is easier speaking to faces rather than circles on the screen!
- If you would like to ask a question or make a comment there will be time for this at the end of a talk. Please us the “raise hand” function on Zoom.
– The Derby Medical Society President and Council.
|Wednesday 18th November 2020||The International Medical Graduate, COVID and the Hungarian-American Philosopher||Dr Stuart Holloway||Eventbrite|
|Thursday 10th December 2020||COVID at the Sharp End||Dr Jon Cort||Eventbrite|
|Wednesday 13th January 2021||Presentation Evening||-||Eventbrite, Zoom|
|Tuesday 9th February 2021||Mental Wellbeing Aspects of COVID||Carolyn Green & Mark Broadhurst||Details|
|Tuesday 16th March 2021||Cutaneous Presentations of COVID-19||Dr Tanya Bleiker||Details|
|Wednesday 14th April 2021||Annual General Meeting||-||Details
(Visible to logged-in members only)
Welcome to Derby Medical Society!
Welcome to the Derby Medical Society website. The society was founded in 1862 for the purpose of bringing together medical practitioners from the many diverse branches of medicine to discuss the medical science of the day and to present and discuss cases of interest to its members.
To this day, the society maintains the spirit and motivation of its founders through the presentation of a yearly lecture series featuring keynote speakers from all walks of medicine, many of whom have world renowned reputations in their field. Additionally, the society has a proud tradition of supporting the medical community through its long standing association with the Royal Medical Benevolent Fund and through the provision of bursaries and awards for medical students and trainees.
Case and Poster Presentations 2020-21
The annual Case Presentation and Poster Presentation evening took place on Wednesday 13th January 2021.
Congratulations to Dr Jasmine Mann (ST5 Dermatology) and Dr Abilash Sathyanarayanan (ST3 GIM/Diabetes and Endocrinology) for the winning case presentation: “A Clockwork Scarlet”.
Please use this link to read the poster presentations submitted this year.
Congratulations to the winning poster entry from Dr O Aloulou, Dr M Zunorain, Dr M U Usman, Dr A Alam1, Dr K Atwal: “Fundoscopy use in patients presenting with
headache in ambulatory care”
- For dates of upcoming events/meetings, please go to calendar/programme. News on the next meeting is also available in the sidebar on the right or at the bottom of this page.
- To see information on the current president, please follow this link.
- To join Derby Medical Society or to register for an online account, please click here.