Applications for new Student Representatives (2020-21)
Applications for two Student Representatives to sit on the Derby Medical Society Council for the 2020-21 Session are now open. This is a position of responsibility involving:
- Attending fortnightly Derby Medical Society evening meetings between September 2020 and April 2021, as well as a couple of meetings between February and April 2020 to learn the role.
- Updating and distributing posters around Royal Derby Hospital prior to meetings.
- Arranging drinks and nibbles for meetings.
- Attending biannual meetings with council members.
- Encouraging student engagement in the society via social media, the website, and email.
Successful applicants will:
- Have attended Derby Medical Society events in the past.
- Have an awareness of and be enthusiastic about what Derby Medical Society does.
- Be reliable and able to work independently following deadlines (i.e. posting online or emailing about events on specific dates).
- Have good IT/social media skills.
To apply, please fill in this google form by midnight on the 7th February 2020.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email Emma (current Webmaster and previous Student Representative) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testimonial from current Student Representative: “Being a student representative has opened a host of different opportunities both inside and out the professional medical network.”