Medical Student Elective Bursaries
The winners of the elective bursaries for 2022 are:
Applications for Medical Student Elective Bursaries taking place in 2023 will open for entries later in 2022.
Derby Medical Society offers three bursaries each of £250 to Final Year Medical Students to help fund their elective.
- Student must have had at least one teaching attachment in Derby.
- Applications are only considered for those currently in their final year of medical school.
Please use the application form above to submit your application.
Your application should be no more than 500 words (or 3500 characters) in total, and should describe:
- When and where you plan to take your elective.
- What you plan to do during your elective, and how this experience will benefit your personal development.
- How the bursary will help you to realise your elective plans. Please state if you have applied for, or already secured, other funding.
Please supply an email address and phone number that we will be able to contact you on after you have graduated.
Applications will be assessed on the basis of:
- Benefit of the elective to yourself
- Possible benefits of your elective to others
- The likely impact of receiving the bursary
- The presentation of your application.
Please note that the judges’ decision is final and we are unable to give feedback on individual applications.